To enable the address autocomplete functionality you will need to enter your Google API Key.
How to get your Google API Key
- Visit the Google API website, make sure you’re logged in, then click the “Get Started” button.
- Click the project dropdown and then “New Project“.
- Give the project a name and organization (or leave it as “No Organization”), and then click “Create“.
- Once the project has been created, ensure it’s selected from the project dropdown. Find the “APIs” module and click “Go to APIs Overview“.
- Click “Enable APIs and Services“.
- Search for “Places API” and click the matching result. Then click “Enable“.
- Click the menu icon, then go to “APIs & Services” > “Credentials“.
- Click “Create Credentials“, then “API Key“. Copy the key and then click “Close“.
- Go to your WordPress admin area, then WooCommerce > Flux Checkout. Paste the API key into the “Google API Key” field. Click “Save Changes“.
- Ensure that you have configured billing information for your Google account. It’s unlikely to be used, but Google requires it now in order for the APIs to work. You can do this by clicking the menu icon and then “Billing“.
Address autocompletion should now be working on your checkout page. Note that it is disabled when an address is already filled in.
Do you need your address to show up in a different language? You can add a language identifier to your Google Places API key.
In the plugin settings, where your Google API Key is saved, add: